Channel 4 News reveals secret audio recordings by Rwanda’s best-known gospel singer, Kizito Mihigo, who died in recent days, allegedly in prison. Click to the video below
Official reports say that he took his own life – but the recordings, made during a previous stint in prison, suggest he feared being killed by the Rwandan government.
Kizito Mihigo had been arrested a few days earlier, accused of trying to cross the border into Burundi to join groups fighting the Rwandan government. Ends.
- Genocide Survivors Speak Out Over The Suspected Assassination Of Kizito Mihigo
- Human Rights Watch: Ensure Justice Over Kizito Mihigo Death
- New York Times: Popular Rwandan Gospel Musician Found Dead in Police Cell
- Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative calls for an urgent inquiry into the death of Kizito Mihigo
- Kizito Mihigo: Aho Kuguhomba Yaguhombya
- Rwanda: A genocide survivor, Kizito Mihigo sentenced to 10 years over ‘terrorism’